Annual Church Profiles Due
Date: Monday, October 05, 2009
All Church Profiles are due today on-line with the ADX system or by turning in to the Association Office. If assistance is needed, please contact Tina at 774-2713 or by email at email@example.com. The Associational Annual Meeting is scheduled for October 13. Please remember to finish the ACP's on time so that they can be compiled for the Annual Meeting on time.
What is a Church Profile?
It is an annual report that a congregation completes and sends in to its local Baptist Association. Today, it can be done efficiently and completely on-line over the Internet using your personal computer. The Association compiles its annual report from all the ACP's sent in and sends this information to your Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions. The State Convention Office then sends its compiled information to LifeWay Christian Resources, which compiles statistical reports for use by authorized entities of the entire Southern Baptist Convention.
Why should a congregation make the effort to complete and return their Annual Church Profile?
- This Church report can assist a church in attempting to secure building loans.
- The Church can use current and past ACP's to analyze trends to visually illustrate growth or decline.
- State and Association Staff use your Church reports to plan New Church starts.
- Your Church Report is used to plan strategies to strengthen existing churches in your ministry field.
- LifeWay channels portions of its profits to State Conventions to apply to Associations and local Congregations in many different kinds of resources and helps for church growth, evangelism, and discipleship. The annual State and Associational Training Events which provided excellent free training and resources are just one example of this process that directly benefits the local congregation.
- The SBC National Organizations directs some funding back to local congregations and associations based on the ACP information annually.
This information is published by: Computer Services of the Alabama Baptist State Convention and made possible by your continued gifts through the Alabama Baptist Cooperative Program.